- This event has passed.
2017 Filthy 50+ MTB Ride with Benefits
Sunday, October 29 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
8 people are attending 2017 Filthy 50+ MTB Ride with Benefits
Come join us for the 2017 Filthy 50 MTB Ride! The ride will take you through various areas of San Dieguito River Park and Black Mountain Park. It’s fast and flowy fun! This event is limited to 350 riders and they sold out fast! Be sure to get on and register on the opening date on September 7, 2017 (Thursday).
The Fourth Annual Filthy 50+ will take you through various areas of San Dieguito River Park and Black Mtn Park. Fast and fllowy for all skill levels. The 30 mile riders will head out and turn around at the 15 mile mark and the 50+ mile riders will continue on and at the 21 mile mark will begin a counter-clockwise “lollipop” feature for approximately 4 miles around the Black Mtn park area. The course will be fully marked with course tape provided by Shimano. Fully stocked feed stations will be placed throughout the ride to keep you fueled up; Special thanks to Muscle Monster and Hammer Nutrition.
There will be a kid’s ride at 9:15am. Awards will be given out immediately following the ride and will be provided by Shimano. Registration for the kid’s ride will be online and onsite.
When riding the course please be aware that the trails will be open to the public so please pay attention to other riders, hikers, and horseback riders. Please pay special attention when riding the switchbacks portion of the course and use courtesy when passing. Thanks!
Sunday, October 29, 2017 – Start time will be 8:00am for 50 mile riders and 8:30 for 30 miles riders.
- San Pasqual Staging Area near 18194 Bandy Canyon Rd., Escondido, CA 92025
- GOOGLE MAPS LOCATION
- 50+ Mile Ride: $75.00 Online ($90.00 Onsite if there is availability)
- 30 Miles Ride: $65.00 Online ($80.00 Onsite if there is availability)
Registration: LIMITED TO 350 RIDERS
- Online Registration will open first week of September 7, 2017
- Check-in will be open from 6:00 to 7:30
- 30 Mile Course (The course will be about 3 miles longer than what is depicted on Strava)
- STRAVA (CLICK HERE) – GPX (CLICK HERE)
- 50+ Mile Course
- STRAVA (CLICK HERE) – GPX (CLICK HERE)
Filthy 50+ participants will receive:
- Swag bag provided by Hammer Nutrition
- Filthy 50+ Finisher T-Shirt at the end of the ride (FOR 50+ MILE RIDERS ONLY)
- Participant Dog-Tag (ALL PARTICIPANTS)
- Sponsor swag for the costumes, it is Halloween!
- Awards for the Top 3 Finishers in each class for the 50+ mile ride
- Awards for the Top Male and Female finisher of the 30 mile ride
- One (1) raffle ticket for the post-ride prize raffle.
- Electronic Timing and Results.
- Fully stocked Feed Stations at strategic locations. Feed Stations will include: hydration, fruit, food, and Hammer Nutrition Products. The station will also include a self-help mechanic area. (Each Feed Station can be accessed in both directions).
- Lounge area with some drinking amenities
- Kids area with a Kids ride!
- Food vendors
- Vendor Village
- Prize raffle with a portion of the proceeds going to SDRP Bike Patrol.
The primary goal of the Filthy 50+ Fun Ride with Benefits is to bring the mountain biking community together and to celebrate what we all love to do, RIDE OUR BIKES! Additionally, we want to bring awareness concerning the trails we ride on, as well as give back to the organizations that keep us riding on those trails. As part of the Filthy 50+ we urge you to help us give back by donating to the SDRP Bike Patrol.
- Expert Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Expert Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Sport Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Sport Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Beginner Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Beginner Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Single Speed Open – 50+ Miles
- Big Boned (200+) – 50+ Miles
- 55+ Men/Women Open – 50+ Miles
- 30 Mile Ride Open – 30 miles
QUICK N’ DIRTY MTB RULES
- Participants MUST wear a helmet (Protective lenses are highly recommended).
- NO headphones or earphones are allowed while participating.
- Participants MUST start in their class.
- Participants MUST cross the finish line with their bike.
- Shortcuts are not permitted and will result in Disqualification.
- Participants MUST complete assigned laps. Failure to do so will result in a DNF.
- Participants MUST abide by the guidelines for timing and score keeping (See rules below)
- The use of foul language or unsportsmanlike conduct toward other articipants will NOT be tolerated. All penalties will be enforced at the direction of the onsite official.
- Use common sense and courtesy when passing other participants.
- HAVE FUN and BE SAFE!
All participants are responsible for educating themselves on the rules and following them. All participants are responsible for their safety and the safety of others while on the course. Please pay attention to course markings and to the direction of any course official that may be present.
RULES FOR TIMING AND SCORING
The Quick n’ Dirty timing system uses RFID technology for rider detection and scoring. We employ this technology by attaching an RFID Tag to the number plate. The RFID Tag is then picked up by the RFID Readers and Antennas that are placed near the finish line.
- Register in the proper class
- Attach the number plate to the front of your bike.
- Make sure there are no obstructions in front of the plate when crossing the finish line. This includes derailleur/brake cables, body parts, etc.
- If you DO NOT FINISH the race please DO NOT cross the finish line with your bike and let the timing staff know.
- As soon as you are finished please pit your bike or remove your number plate before approaching the timing area (this includes the timing tent). If the number plate is near the timing area it could cause erroneous detection and timing results.
If you do not follow these rules it could result in improper timing and/or scoring. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure proper timing by following the rules.
Event Disclaimer | By participating on this ride, you are voluntarily participating in a group cycling activity that carries certain unpredictable risks, including death, and you are solely responsible for your own safety at all times. You agree not to hold VOZ nor the organizer of the ride responsible for your safety, and you waive the right to litigate against the two aforementioned entities.