- This event has passed.
Advanced Beginner – Big Laguna Trail Loop XC Ride
Sunday, September 30 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pmFree
We will be joining SOCMTBR for this Sunday MTB ride at the Big Laguna. This is one of beautiful trail in San Diego County.
Required Adventure Pass $5.
Meet up | 09:00am
Roll time | 09:15am
Type of ride | XC
Skill | Advanced Beginner
Terrain | Singletrack, fire road
Total Miles | 18 miles
Difficulty | Blue / Moderate
It’s going to be a normal medium social pace. We will ride as a group with no one left behind but Please Do Not sign up if you can not ride 15 plus miles at a reasonable/medium pace. We would like the ride to be enjoyable for everyone.
We’ll re-group with an average ride of 3 – 4 hours. Ride expected to be done around 1pm.
Big Laguna Trail is considered to be one of the best trails around Southern California. The trails are a network of singletrack trails accessed from the Sunrise Highway. The trails make a great extension to Noble Canyon or can be ridden on their own.
Ride schedule subject to cancellation due to adverse weather conditions. Check the event calendar for any cancellation notice before heading out. For any reasons you are unable to attend the event ride, please change your attendance accordingly.
Please bring your own biking essential needs like tools, pump, hydration pack, chain link, gloves, energy gel/bar, snacks, camera and most importantly a HELMET. Knee and elbow pad is NOT a must but sure good for extra protection. NO HELMET NO RIDE!!!!
Direction from OC:
1. Take I-5 S to San Diego for about (54.4 mi)
2. Keep left to continue on I-805 South, follow signs for Interstate 805-S (10.8 mi).
3. Take the exit onto I-8 E toward El Centro (40.6 mi)
4. Take the exit toward Sunrise Hwy (0.3 mi)
5. Turn left onto County Road S1/Old Hwy 80 Continue to follow County Road S1.
6. Destination will be on the right side along the County Road S1 Hwy.
We are going to park along the street. The mark is where you see the overlook wood ramp on the right side. It’s very easy to find and it’s the only one. Please take a look the pictures below!
Thank you for joining and have a great ride!
Hope to see you there!
** Ride Disclaimer **
By joining rides you understand and accept the following:
● I am over the age of 18 or accompanied by an adult.
● I understand that mountain biking can be dangerous and accidents can result in either injury or death.
●I understand that the trails SOCMTBR ride may not be verified for safety or ridability.
●I understand that it is my responsibility to determine if my riding skills match the difficulty of the trail we are riding on.
●I understand that the ride scheduler accepts no responsibility for my safety on any ride and that I undertake any ride knowing that I and I alone am responsible for my own safety on the ride.
●I understand that I am responsible for my own bike and equipment and will show up to the ride with my bike in good working order.
● I understand that helmets and proper biking shoes are required on all rides. No part of a person’s foot should be exposed. Helmets must be secured onto ones head by the attached strap provided in every helmet
Event Disclaimer | By participating on this ride, you are voluntarily participating in a group cycling activity that carries certain unpredictable risks, including death, and you are solely responsible for your own safety at all times. You agree not to hold VOZ nor the organizer of the ride responsible for your safety, and you waive the right to litigate against the two aforementioned entities.