- This event has passed.
Road Ride on Mt. Palomar to Observatory
Sunday, October 14 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Join us for a road ride on Mt. Palomar to the Observatory. The event is hosted by the Team Velo Viet with fully support SAG vehicle and station. Be sure to RSVP by entering in your name and email so that we can get a head-count for food and beverages for everyone at the end of the ride.
Be there by 7:30AM
Roll out at 8:00AM
Distance: 18 miles total with first 6.5 miles warm up.
Elevation: 5000 ft with average 6%
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start time and come prepared with your appropriate bike, helmet, gloves, 2 water bottles, lots of calories, spare tube, pump, and appropriate biking clothes.
Rules of Challenge:
1) First 6.5 miles will be Warm up/Socialize pace for catch up, trash talk or whatever you like.
2) Regroup at Hwy76 and Mt. Palomar/S Grade Rd.
3) We will stop for 10 mins for all the contenders to arrive and the race start.
4) Race ends at Mt. Palomar Observatory Parking Lot.
5) If you dont reach to the Observatory by 11AM, please turn around.
6) On the way back to the parking lot, when you get to the Turnabout, Valley Center Rd is on your left at 10, just in case you dont know where you are going.
The weather at Valley Center,CA will be around 58 degrees at 8AM and 64 degrees when we go downhill so pack wind jacket with you or give it to the SAG car and we have only 1 SAG car.
If you don’t feel like going up to the Observatory then stop at the Yield/Turn mile 13.5. If you get asked to turn around by the SAG car meaning we will not have support for you if you continue to go. Please listen to Henry or whoever sagging.
We are expecting to have 100 riders on this Sunday so it will be a lot of fun. After the ride, we will have foods and beers for everyone. Please bring your own camping chair and fresh dry clothes.
Event Disclaimer | By participating on this ride, you are voluntarily participating in a group cycling activity that carries certain unpredictable risks, including death, and you are solely responsible for your own safety at all times. You agree not to hold VOZ nor the organizer of the ride responsible for your safety, and you waive the right to litigate against the two aforementioned entities.